Green Bank Observatory Virtual Visits
This is an opportunity to learn from a Green Bank Observatory educator
This is an opportunity to learn from a Green Bank Observatory educator. Depending on how much time you’d like to spend, we have several options:
- Site History: 30-45 minutes. Learn about the history of radio astronomy and the Green Bank Observatory. Usually offered in conjunction with the Science Discussion.
- Science Discussion: 30-45 minutes. Learn about the Green Bank Telescope’s science projects, and analyze real data from our Twenty Meter Telescope . Usually offered in conjunction with the Site History presentation.
- Site Tour: 60-90 minutes. Learn about the history of radio astronomy and Green Bank telescopes and projects. Suitable for third grade and older.
- Milky Way Discovery: 90-120 minutes. Learn about Green Bank telescopes and projects, and then use real data from our Twenty Meter Telescope to discover the motion and structure of the Milky Way.
- Virtual Radio Astronomer for a Day : At least two 60-90 minute sessions over two days. Use the Twenty Meter Telescope to take data and discover the motion and structure of the Milky Way. Please note this program is only available when the Twenty Meter is online and unused. Contact Luci Finucan for the status of this telescope.
- Personalized Visits: If you have a special interest group, such as ham radio, or would like to schedule a visit around a specific part of your students’ curriculum, we will work with you to make a great experience!
For more information, or to request a virtual visit, visit our website.
Ticket Required: No